Wednesday 15 December 2010

Day 7 — Your Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush

Dear Mr. Ex-Boyfriend,
                                    I really don't think you realise what a good thing you missed out on, darling. I was the chance of a lifetime for you, and you knew it. That's probably why you still love talking to me, starting up conversations from nowhere in order to get a glimpse into how my life is now.
   Well, let me tell you something. You don't just GIVE UP on somebody. You don't just let go, not when you're 'in love' with them. That's exactly what you did, and when I found out it felt like you'd ripped a hole right through my heart. But y'know what's worse? What you gave me up for. Finding out who it was was worse, much worse. Partly because I still loved you at the time, and I wanted you back even though you'd fucked off with her. Going off with another woman is possibly the worst thing you could have done, in my book. We weren't over, and you'd already jumped right over to her side. You made me feel sick.
   I speak in the past tense because now I only feel a slight sympathy for you, darling. You missed out on me, and now someone much more suitable holds my heart. You missed your chance, and now you're stuck with someone who already has two kids by another man. That's a lot of baggage.
   You're young, and I'm even younger than you, but being brutally honest I think I have a wiser head. Getting dragged down by a woman who's older than you with two kids at your age? When you could still be in full time education at university? It doesn't take much thinking to work out that you should have given her a wide berth, darling.
   She's going to cripple your life, and deep down... I think you already know it. And that is why you have a smidgen of sympathy from me; enough so that I still want to humour you. Enough that if you're reading this; I hope you take my advice to heart and get your life sorted out.
   And for the record?
   I always sensed something would go wrong with you. There was always a dark smudge on our horizon, waiting to come forth and pounce on us when presented with a chance. Also; where was the passion? It was all gentle words - which I do value to a certain extent - but nothing more. There were no arguments, which I thought of as a good sign, but in a relationship a certain amount of them is healthy. It'd get to the point where I'd WISH for an argument with you, but you just didn't seem to have anything in you. You also always thought yourself superior to me though, the dominant one. The one who knew more, the one who always won.
   Look who's the winner now, darling.
   You should have viewed me as an equal, not someone beneath you. That sort of view isn't right in a relationship, and it lead to cracks and holes in-between us. Cracks and holes that you saw, and instead of knitting things back together you broke away... broke away into the arms of someone else.
   You still seem to think you have a hold over me though, over what I do and who I love. You judge him, make comments about him, and so does your woman. Well, I'll tell you this once, and only once.
   You dig into him, you dig into me. Which, my darling, will lead to severe consequences which shall be exceedingly uncomfortable for you and your... ah... woman.
   Back off. Or else you'll find yourself in a situation you very much wanted to avoid.
   Take my advice, darling.
  
   Koralyn.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment