Wednesday 22 December 2010

Day 13 — Someone you wish could forgive you

Dear God,
                I'm not even sure whether I believe in you or not, but I'm asking for your forgiveness anyway. For all the times I've hurt people, lied and acted selfish. I'm not saying this as any sort of excuse, oh no... but I'm just a teenager. Just another kid lost in this huge world full of coldness and anger. Because that's what it has become, whether you intended it to or not. It's no longer a green world; it's grey and ugly. We killed it. There's no doubt about it, we're a pest. A living plague upon this Earth.
   But we didn't mean it. It's just how we are; humans are selfish. They value themselves and those close to them above all others, and they don't care about the rest. This selfishness is a disease I myself posses, just like everyone else. I'm so sorry we turned out this way. I bet we're a right pain in the butt as a race.
   I guess I'm apologising for all of us, really. If you're up there, reading this, then we're sorry. I'm sorry more than anything for the things I've done myself.
   We're just human.

   Koralyn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment