Sunday 17 October 2010

grrrrr

Ugh, Jesus!

I honestly feel like ripping my hair out, jumping out the window, and going for a mad run outside (while totally naked) screaming my head off. Maybe then I'll be able to let off the tiniest bit of steam.

I've been researching A-levels (yes, AGAIN) and apparently top universities have a blacklist of subjects that they think are 'soft'. This list includes Photography, Art & Design, Drama, Business Studies, Accounting and more.

Guess this knocks Art and Photography off my 'possible subjects' list.

When searching, I couldn't help but scan several different forums to see what students taking a-levels at the moment think about which are the hardest subjects. Chemistry and Maths came up most often, as well as Physics, History, and English Lit.

Physics and History are both subjects that send me to sleep, I love Maths and English Literature and am confident in them so none of these being on the list really bothers me. I relish challenges, after all. But I am fairly weak in Chemistry, and well... Every time I walk into a chem lesson, I just sit there watching my teachers moustache twitching all lesson while day dreaming about Bruno Mars and other hotties. Oh, and gossiping.

To me, Chemistry is a load of shit (excuse my French, and no offence to anyone who bums it). I loathe it, detest it, want to burn my text books on it as soon as I finish my exams. And after all the advice about only taking subjects you generally enjoy, I'm really edging away from it.

One problem though.

I'm going to take Biology, and universities value two sciences instead of just one. So, I'm royally fucked.

If I get an A in Chem for GCSE, I will be bloody lucky. I have to resit a module exam I got a B on soon to guarantee my A. It's a load of bullshit.

Tomorrow (Monday), I'm going to charge right to the connexions office in school and have some quality time with the careers lady-person. Hell, if she can't help sort me out, I'm going to be stuck.

Refined List:

Psychology...
Biology...
Mathematics...
English Literature?
... ... ... Chemistry?

Gawd. I'd go pig out on chocolate, but I'm on a pre-Christmas diet. FML. Time to do some Maths revision, brush up on some stuff and settle my mental craziness.

I LOVE YOU, ALGEBRA. <3
K x

No comments:

Post a Comment