Thursday 25 November 2010

magic

I'm ill...sucks ass.

After the art mock yesterday (which was totally different to what I thought it was going to be like, by the way) I had a massive headache from concentrating for 5 damn hours, which definitely contributed to me feeling like a shizbag today. Think I'm coming down with something, to be honest.

To top it off, I also missed my geography mock today... and maybe my business one too. FML. I've screwed things up big time now. Damnit. At least it's Friday tomorrow... I'll have all weekend to de-stress before I have to go back to the hell hole (a.k.a TCHS) on Monday.

I just want the mocks to be over, and I want to get the results back from my English & Chem exams. Maybe also the results from my mocks, bar the Maths one since I screwed that. Apart from that, I just want to forget everything and go for a nice long swim. Yes, I'm loony.

I haven't swam in ages... Miss it. I miss the sea, for God's sake. Getting a gob full of salt-water is much better than a gob full of chlorine in a swimming pool full of screaming kiddies and teenage couples feeling each other up underwater. Honestly, that's ALL they do. Me and my best friend did some underwater perving and dear GAWD... it was nasty. Real nasty. 

We won't be doing it again, to say the least.

Gonna have to sneak out this weekend, run up to my Nan's and go for a midnight swim in their lake. They have a gorgeous house, a huge garage (which I adore), loads of field space, beautiful gardens, a huge vegetable plot with three greenhouses, and three lakes. Yep, three. I'm gonna have to explain this now, haha. 

Right. Like, erm.. 40 years ago (?) my Granddad set up a fishing business or something. Since he's a stone mason/gardener, he could design/dig/create the whole thing himself. So, him and some other dudes dug out three lakes, joined by waterfalls. It's kinda like this:

___________
                        \
                         _______________________
                                                                         \
                                                                           _________________________________

The bottom lake is the biggest (and deepest). My mum and my auntie used to go swimming in it as kids, and there's still a rope swing that hangs out over the water from this huge willow tree that they used to use.

I've made my mind up; I have to go there this weekend. 

I forgot, they also have a small orchard of apple trees, a courtyard and three barns. I think there's a pattern of three going on here, haha. 

I absolutely love their house. They designed and built it themselves, and it's brilliant. They have a long track we call the Adlands, and it's lined with huge great big conifer trees. When I was little, I used to take carrier bags and collect pine cones there. It was so much fun, haha. 

Also, in their back garden was a little stone arch with a wrought iron gate beneath it, which leads into a small grotto. I guess it was once a dome shaped trellis or something, but they grew wild honeysuckle all over it so it looks like it's formed naturally. It has a stone floor and steps inside like a mini auditorium, which used to be covered in moss... Needless to say, we always sat on them and got green stains on our butts. Good times. 

We called it 'Snow Whites Grotto'. I have so many good memories of playing in there... Sometimes I wish I could rewind a few years so I'd have an excuse to play in there again. Being a little kid was so damn fun. 

Ah, last but not least, I must mention the stone gargoyles that sit on the steps leading up to the stone arch. They've been sitting there ever since I can remember, and over the years they've just gotten even more ancient looking and gnarled... I think this makes them look better. Anyway, we used to pretend there was a password to enter the grotto, and you had to whisper it to the gargoyles to get inside. 

Haha, we had so much fun...

I'll get pictures and shove them on here some time. My description doesn't really do the place justice. 

WOW. I've written a lot. Erm, sorry for ranting on and on... But I had fun writing this, haha. It was a trip back down memory lane.

Aurevoir,
K x

P.S; Motto of the day; whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment